Chaplet of the Holy Wounds



To be said on the Crucifix and the first three beads of an ordinary Rosary:
O Jesus, Divine Redeemer, be merciful to us and to the whole world. Amen. 
Strong God, holy God, immortal God, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen. 
Grace and mercy, O my Jesus, during present dangers; cover us with Your Precious Blood. Amen. 
Eternal Father, grant us mercy through the Blood of Jesus Christ, Your only Son; grant us mercy, we beseech You.  Amen, Amen, Amen.
The following prayers, composed by Our Lord, are to be said using the Rosary beads.

On the large beads:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ. To heal the wounds of our souls.
On the small beads:
My Jesus, pardon and mercy, through the merits of Your Holy Wounds.


Promises of Our Lord for those who are Devoted to His Wounds
  1. At each word that you pronounce of the Chaplet of the Holy Wounds, I allow a drop of My Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.

  2. Each time that you offer to My Father the merits of My divine Wounds, you win an immense fortune.

  3. Souls that will have contemplated and honored My crown of thorns on earth, will be My crown of glory in Heaven!

  4. I will grant all that is asked of Me through the invocation of My Holy Wounds.  You will obtain everything, because it is through the merit of My Blood, which is of infinite price.  With My Wounds and My Divine Heart, everything can be obtained.

  5. From My Wounds proceed fruits of sanctity.  As gold purified in the crucible becomes more beautiful, so you must put your soul and those of your companions into My sacred Wounds; there they will become perfected as gold in the furnace.  You can always purify yourself in My Wounds.

  6. My Wounds will repair yours. My Wounds will cover all your faults.  Those who honor them will have a true knowledge of Jesus Christ.  In meditation on them, you will always find a new love. My wounds will cover all your sins.

  7. Plunge your actions into My Wounds and they will be of value. All your actions, even the least, soaked in My Blood, will acquire by this alone an infinite merit and will please My Heart.

  8. In offering My Wounds for the conversion of sinners, even though the sinners are not converted, you will have the same merit before God as if they were.

  9. When you have some trouble, something to suffer, quickly place it in My Wounds, and the pain will be alleviated.

  10. This aspiration must often be repeated near the sick: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Your Holy Wounds!"  This prayer will solace soul and body.

  11. A sinner who will say the following prayer will obtain conversion: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ to heal those of our souls."

  12. There will be no death for the soul that expires in My Holy Wounds; they give true life.

  13. This chaplet is a counterpoise to My justice; it restrains My vengeance.

  14. Those who pray with humility and who meditate on My Passion, will one day participate in the glory of My divine Wounds.

  15. The more you will have contemplated My painful Wounds on this earth, the higher will be your contemplation of them glorious in Heaven.

  16. The soul who during life has honored the Wounds of our Lord Jesus Christ and has offered them to the Eternal Father for the Souls in Purgatory, will be accompanied at the moment of death by the Holy Virgin and the angels; and Our Lord on the Cross, all brillant in glory, will receive her and crown her.

  17. The invocations of the Holy Wounds will obtain an incessant victory for the Church.
_________________________________________________________________


Prayer in Honor of the Five Wounds

Act of Contrition

As I kneel before Thee on the cross, most loving Saviour of my soul, my conscience reproaches me with having nailed Thee to that cross with these hands of mine, as often as I have fallen into mortal sin, wearying Thee with my base ingratitude. My God, my chief and perfect good, worthy of all my love, because Thou hast loaded me with blessings; I cannot now undo my misdeeds, as I would most willingly; but I loathe them, grieving sincerely for having offended Thee, Who art infinite goodness. And now, kneeling at Thy feet, I try, at least, to compassionate Thee, to give Thee thanks, to ask Thee pardon and contrition; wherefore with my heart and lips, I say: 


To the Wound of the Left Foot

Holy wound of the left foot of my Jesus, I adore Thee; I compassionate Thee, O Jesus, for the most bitter pain which Thou didst suffer. I thank Thee for the love whereby Thou laboured to overtake me on the way to ruin, and didst bleed amid the thorns and brambles of my sins. I offer to the Eternal Father the pain and love of Thy most holy humanity, in atonement for my sins, all of which I detest with sincere and bitter contrition. 

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be 

Holy Mother, pierce me through, 
In my heart each wound renew 
Of my Saviour crucified. 


To the Wound of the Right Foot

Holy wound of the right foot of my Jesus, I adore Thee; I compassionate Thee, O Jesus, for the most bitter pain which Thou didst suffer. I thank Thee for that love which pierced Thee with such torture and shedding of blood, in order to punish my wanderings and the guilty pleasures I have granted to my unbridled passions. I offer the Eternal Father all the pain and love of Thy most holy humanity, and I pray Thee for grace to weep over my sins with hot tears, and to enable me to persevere in the good which I have begun, without ever swerving again from my obedience to the divine commands. 

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be 

Holy Mother, pierce me through, 
In my heart each wound renew 
Of my Saviour crucified. 


To the Wound of the Left Hand

Holy wound of the left hand of my Jesus, I adore Thee; I compassionate Thee, O Jesus, for the most bitter pain which Thou didst suffer. I thank Thee for having in Thy love spared me the scourges and eternal damnation which my sins have merited. I offer to the Eternal Father the pain and love of They most holy humanity: and I pray Thee to teach me how to turn to good account my span of life, and bring forth in it worthy fruits of penance, and to disarm the justice of God, which I have provoked. 

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be 

Holy Mother, pierce me through, 
In my heart each wound renew 
Of my Saviour crucified. 


To the Wound of the Right Hand

Holy wound of the right hand of my Jesus, I adore Thee; I compassionate Thee, O Jesus, for the most bitter pain which Thou didst suffer. I thank Thee for Thy graces lavished on me with such love, in spite of all my most perverse obstinacy. I offer to the Eternal Father all the pain and love of Thy most holy humanity; and I pray Thee to change my heart and its affections, and make me do all my actions in accordance with the will of God. 

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be 

Holy Mother, pierce me through, 
In my heart each wound renew 
Of my Saviour crucified. 


To the Wound of the Sacred Side

Holy wound in the side of my Jesus, I adore Thee; I compassionate Thee, O Jesus, for the cruel insult Thou didst suffer. I thank Thee, my Jesus, for the love which suffered Thy side and Heart to be pierced, so that the last drops of blood and water might issue forth, making my redemption to overflow. I offer to the Eternal Father this outrage, and the love of Thy most holy humanity, that my soul may enter once for all into that most loving Heart, eager and ready to receive the greatest sinners, and never more depart. 

Recite one Our Father, one Hail Mary, and one Glory Be 

Holy Mother, pierce me through, 
In my heart each wound renew 
Of my Saviour crucified.